Don Francesco Apartment
Don Francesco is a large panoramic apartment located on the top floor of Palazzo Marigliano. Completely renovated at the end of 2019, the apartment boasts a beautiful terrace from which to admire the panoramic views of Naples: the San Martino hill, the Vesuvius, the Sorrento peninsula and all the surrounding rooftops and domes. The apartment has 2 double bedrooms, a lounge with a double sofa bed, 2 bathrooms, a modern and large kitchen with a dining area and a large lounge shared with the Benedetto Croce apartment,
from which it is possible to access the 150sqm/ 1615 ft panoramic terrace.
Don Francesco Marigliano del Monte, previous owner of Palazzo Marigliano, was a cavalry officer during the first World War. He was awarded the silver medal for military heroism on the Piave line. In the following years he became a military officer in London with intelligence functions. The Palazzo was gravely damaged during the war by three bombs and Don Francesco devoted himself to the restoration of his home. Giving up his compensation for war damage, he financed the reconstruction by offering a space in the Palazzo to two business men (a banker and an editor) to develop into the headquarter for Il Giornale, the famous newspaper around which most of the cultural publishing of the time gravitated.
- Surface: 156 sqm / 1680 ft (including 38 sqm / 409 ft of a shared lounge) and an additional 150 sqm / 1615 ft of shared panoramic terrace
- View: overlooking Spaccanapoli, the Vesuvius, the Sorrento peninsula, San Martino hill, the Gulf of Naples and the domes of the historic center
- Access: 5th floor via staircase WITHOUT ELEVATOR
- Composition: 2 double beds, 1 double sofa bed and 2 bathrooms with shower
- Maximum Occupancy: 6 people
Benefits and Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Free hot drinks
- Transfer: on request for an extra fee from and to all destinations